Mike the owner of the guitar, dropped it off with all the bits. The guitar was already painted red and had a couple of white lines on it, and we did the rest…
This is a 7 sting with a set through neck and active Seymour Duncan Blackout pickups.
Yep, it a real beast of a guitar.
Breakdown of project
- The white lines had to be touched up
- We then painted additional black and white lines on by hand to match the ones on there, giving it a relic type of thing like the original. (no good having neat symmetrical lines as it would look all wrong)
- Painted the headstock with matching type lines.
- Lacquered the headstock face and entire body (not the neck).
- Cleaned frets and the fretboard.
- Drilled out tuner holes and fitted tuners.
- Fitted locking strap buttons.
- Drilled out bridge post holes and fitted bridge posts and bridge.
- Fitted pickups and threaded wiring through to the backend.
- Installed pots, mega switch and battery
- Soldered everything up including capacitor.
- Fitted chrome jack socket surround and finished soldering.
- Tested electrics.
- Fitted control knobs and switch button.
- Made 2 covers for the back and a truss rod cover.
- Fitted strings.
- Full setup including, neck, bridge and intonation.
- Plus loads of other small bits and bobs.
Enjoy it Mike!
Just the electrics to go…