Support / Epiphone & Gibson SG Junior Wiring Diagram & Fitting Instructions
1 x P90, 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone
Complete Electrical Fitting Instructions
- Find somewhere safe, dry and secure to place your SG Junior guitar while you work on it.
- Remove the control knobs x 2.
- Remove the 2 x pot nuts and washers and the nut and washer from the jack socket.
- Undo the screws that hold the control plate at the back of the guitar.
- In the control panel, cut the wires from the pickup closest to the pot as possible.
- The wiring harness should be free to come out and so should the jack socket.
- At this point you may want to clean pot holes on the front of the guitar from where the old pots have been.
- You will need to check the size of the holes for the pots as on some guitars they are drilled small for cheap electrical components. If they are small, the best way to enlarge them to 10mm to fit CTS pots, is to use a round file.
- Fit the new harness into place.
- Fit the jack socket into place with the nut and washer.
- Solder the pickup wires to the pot (refer to wiring diagram)
- Solder the ground bridge wire to the back of the pot (refer to wiring diagram)
- Once this is done, you should test to make sure everything is working.
- You can now replace the control plate cover
- Re-fit the control knobs.
Tools & Equipment
- Philips (Cross head) Screwdriver.
- Flat headed screwdriver on some models.
- Small adjustable spanner/wrench.
- Good quality soldering iron.
- Wire Cutters.
- Masking tape for keeping things in place or out the way while working.
- When soldering the wires to the back of a pot, do not overheat / cook the pot.
- Keep wires tidy and neat and make sure all components are grounded.